HFCD Weekly Update… Added Command-line Options
It’s been a busy week. Many thanks to those who downloaded and tested last week and this week’s builds.
The fixes are mostly related to making HFCD more plug-n-play. But the main attraction this time is the newly-added command-line options. You can now configure HFCD when you launch it from the command line:
- -compiler-port HFCD compiler port number. The default value is 50207.
- -admin-port HFCD admin port number. The default value is 50208.
- -concurrency Tells HFCD the maximum number of concurrent builds allowed. The default is the number of processors available to JVM. You don’t set this greater than the number of available processors because that won’t help the build performance. You set this number smaller than the number of available processors so that you can leave some processors to do something else.
- -background-build-delay Tells HFCD to delay launching of background builds by this value after the last file transfer/update. The default value is 500 (milliseconds).
- -autosave-heap-ratio Tell HFCD to start saving build data to disk once the heap usage reaches this ratio. The default value is 0.2.
- -autosave-interval Tell HFCD to check VM heap usage at this time interval. The default value is 5000 (milliseconds).
- -file-dir Tells HFCD where to save the source/asset/library/config files transferred from Flex Builder. The default value is user.home/.hfcd/files.
- -cache-dir Tells HFCD where to save build data. The default value is user.home/.hfcd/caches.
- -help display the HFCD usage.