Another HFCD Update… We’re Almost There…
Hello, HFCD is going to expire in a few days, so here is another update.
There are several bug fixes and some nice enhancements:
1. I should have mentioned in my last HFCD update that HFCD 3 now supports Flex SDK 3.2.0, 3.3.0, 3.4.1 and 3.5.0.
2. Before this update, developers needed to ‘close and reopen’ their projects in their Flex Builder workspace in order to ‘upload’ source files to HFCD. Now, the ‘close and reopen’ step is mostly optional – HFCD automatically pulls missing source files from the Flex Builder workspace before building.
3. I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned it but there is a preference dialog for configuring the HFCD Eclipse plugin. I highly recommend that you enable both plugin options (Disable ‘Build Automatically on startup and Save HFCD build data on exit) in the dialog.
4. HFCD monitors its memory usage periodically and automatically save build data to cache files when the JVM heap usage is high. I’ve added the following to the pull-down menu of ‘HFCD View’:
- see the memory usage of HFCD at any moment
- override the memory monitor and instruct HFCD to immediately save all the build data to disk.
I think this is the most stable build I’ve ever had, so please give this a try.
It is important that you uninstall the previous version of HFCD before installing this HFCD update. Make sure that the HFCD Eclipse plugin is disabled and removed.